Wednesday 18 June 2008

Genres

I love this picture. I've always wondered if, when we're older, our generation will still be listening to Dizzee Rascal, Fatboy Slim and Massive Attack. In fact, I find it impossible to imagine what a new genre of music would sound like now; we're spoiled for choice. If I had a time machine, one of the first things I'd do would be to go back to the 1950's and play them some DJ Shadow. I'd love to hear what genres the future has to hold.

In news today, the BBC have found what is believed to be the oldest computer recording know to man; you can listen to it here. On the subject of gaming, this article argues that the plethora of next-gen consoles do not mean the death of PC gaming is round the corner. I also forgot to mention a few weeks ago that Threadless have begun selling prints as well as tees; here is one of my favs. I wish they'd make a print/reprint this shirt. They've also begun promoting Faesthetic; check it out here. If you're a fan of Firefox, Firefox 3 was released this week...you can download it here. You'll also be pleased to know that the set a new world record for application downloads...story here. Finally here's a rather uplifting story. It's too weird to be true. Also check out the video below of electricity being used to artistic effect.

No comments: